To provide technically sound legal advice on a range of issues, whilst building and maintaining productive relationships with clients and intermediaries. Senior Associates serve as the primary point of contact for clients during the course of an engagement. As such, they are responsible for managing relationships with organizational leaders, some of which can be complex or sensitive.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with clients. Establish credibility, influence where appropriate and provide excellent client service.
- Draft contracts, minutes of board meetings, etc.
- Prepare fee matter estimates and quotations.
- Ensure timeliness of debt collection and billing.
- Ensure effective management of time, effort and resources in order to generate maximum efficiencies.
- Maintain time records at all times.
- Ensure work is compliant with procedures and standard documents.
- Consider regulatory issues at all times and report any concerns to senior management as appropriate.
- Build knowledge and experience in practice areas to the highest standards.
- Understand Legal Business plan and Strategic plan
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Degree in Law
- Further Qualifications (LLM, PhD) are an advantage
- 10 years' experience in corporate and commercial practice
- Experience gained from either a major law firm or the in-house legal department of another multinational company
- Proven and extensive experience in corporate and commercial law, with experience in drafting and negotiating sales, agency, JV, distribution, manufacturing, supply and like agreements
- Working knowledge of employment, regulatory and trade law issues preferred