The scope of work is to provide an on-site consultant to cover the below tasks in summary:
- Manage theentire infrastructure (servers, storage and related software) as per best practice
- Manage Backup
- Manage disaster recovery
- Continuous improvement and enhancement to the infrastructure
- Assist in maintaining and achieving international certification like ISO27001
- Manage, provision, and provide operational support for all physical and virtual servers and associated storage and other infrastructure.
- Manage, provision, and provide operational support for server’s operating systems:
- o MS Servers 2019, below
- VMware vSphere 7.0 and below
- o Linux
- Manage, provision, and provide operational support for server’s application:
o SQL: MS SQL 2017 version and below
o VDI solution: VMware and Citrix
o MS Applications: Exchange 2019 and below, MS Teams & SCCM
- Continuously monitor servers' hardware and take appropriate effective remedial action when alertsgenerated.
- Continuously monitor servers' operating system and take appropriate effective remedial action when alerts generated.
- Continuously monitor application availability and performance and take appropriate effective remedial action when alerts generated.\
- Perform root-cause analysis on system related problems and implement or recommend effective solutions to prevent their recurrence as appropriate.
- Implement special operating instructions and change request authorizations.
- Perform and report on scheduled out-of-business-hours operating system and infrastructure software maintenance including system patching every month.
- Monitor all scheduled activities including data backup and detect and rectify any failure within agreed time frames.
- Perform server start-ups, shutdowns and execute utilities in accordance with application guidelines where these guidelines are applicable.
- Configure, manage and support all server equipment, operating systems, utilities and other infrastructure software.
- Maintain inventory of server equipment and software, including locations, configuration and release levels.
- Provision new server equipment and software, including, staging, configuring, processing end user requests and installation.
- Manage and monitor server and disk storage performance to ensure sufficient capacity and efficient utilization.
- Develop forecasts of server and disk storage growth and other changes in response to projected business needs.
- Perform data migration management, including archiving.
- On an ongoing basis, automate and streamline the operational environment to reduce errors and increase efficiency.
- Review and recommend, as necessary, the architecture, design, and planning processes for the development and installation of a Storage infrastructure that satisfies the needs of all aspects of the business.
- Coordinate all aspects of Storage based architecture, design, and planning within the CUSTOMER organization.
- Manage all existing and all future deployments of Storages. Performance tuning for the Storage Infrastructure.
- Investigate Incidents and Problems that require an in-depth technical understanding. Provide in-depth analysis of the data storage environment to assist in service outage investigations and support availability management processes, in general.
- Provide a robust and highly available Storage infrastructure and, when commercially reasonable and approved by CUSTOMER, update the Storage and Backup infrastructure to leverage new tools and technologies that would improve CUSTOMER's business processes and performance.
- Educate and train the operational staff including Service Desk staff in the use of analysis tools and processes where appropriate.
- Provide capacity planning on storage platforms.
- Establish and maintain the alerting mechanisms and monitoring systems. Provide appropriate security measures for the Storage infrastructure.
- Perform storage provisioning including thin or virtual provisioning as required.
- Collect storage usage statistics and trends.
- External Storage Media Management and inventory, and transfer to off site location.
- Review and recommend, as necessary, the architecture, design, and planning processes for the development and installation of a Backup and Archival infrastructure that satisfies the needs of all aspects of the business.
- Configuration of backup system
- Manage all existing and all future deployments of Backup and Archival
- Infrastructure Performance tuning for Backup and Archival infrastructure
- Conduct routine restore and archival retrieval tests according to CUSTOMER policies and as required, to ensure the processes and systems are working as designed
- Manage connectivity to Virtual Tape
- Execute backup activities, scripts and processes when requested as per CUSTOMER policies Archiving to virtual and physical tape libraries
- Retrieve backup from tapes or disks
- Managing backup data replications Restore backup
- Set up a process by which Authorized Users can request recovery of deleted or corrupted files
- Monitor backups to ensure completeness and accuracy
Disaster Recovery Management
- Establish and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan ("DRP") for CUSTOMER that supports its own business continuity plan and requirements.
- Manage and maintain disaster recovery systems and infrastructure to ensure that they will deliver all services to appropriate levels of availability and functionality in the event that they need to be used as CUSTOMER's operational production environment,
- Perform disaster recovery testing using the DRP on a six- monthly basis and as requested. Provide a written report on the results and outcomes of DR testing, and recommend changes to the DRP and DR systems and infrastructure to address any shortcomings.
- Execute the DRP when requested to by CUSTOMER's IT Management in the event of an actual loss of availability of its production systems and infrastructure (i.e. in a "disaster" event).
- Conduct an initial, complete inventory of all IT infrastructure, Software, and related services provided or supported by the Vendor and deployed at CUSTOMER locations. This initial inventory will include all IT assets, whether such assets are owned or leased by either CUSTOMER or the Vendor. This also includes assets in CUSTOMER's store.
- Record, at a minimum, the individual data elements for each asset as part of the initial inventory. Update the current Asset management system with the new collected data if required.
- Respond in a timely manner to queries and requests concerning the inventory data or supporting information.
- On a periodic basis (at least quarterly), update the Asset Inventory System as selected by CUSTOMER
- When performing infrastructure installations, validate and correct physical inventory information. When performing infrastructure decommissioning, remove, correct and validate the physical inventory information.
- Modify asset information due to upgrades and Software updates.
- Track and maintain the details on End of Life (EOL) and End of Support (EOS) of the servers/ appliances.
- Track and maintain Warranty and AMC details of the devices
- Maintain the configuration management database (CMDB) including all services (business&technical).
The consultant would be expected to provide below services on the top of the regular day to day operations for CUSTOMER. The expectation from CUSTOMER would be to add more efficiency in IT service delivery and to enhance the overall user experience.
- In addition to all tasks stated in this document, each resource will be required to perform any other tasks as dictated by the CUSTOMER IT.
- To utilize existing ITSM tool to design catalogue relevant to the time.
- Utilize the CUSTOMER available monitoring tools to provide more insight into capacity management and monitoring. To provide predictive insights of capacity growth and monitoring
- Enable auto deployment of end point and server systems using available cloud tools and to publish as self-service for business users.
- Analysis on the existing reported incidents or issues and to come up with strategies to work on incidenteduction.
- 24x7 monitoring from NOC and on-call support to critical infrastructure components
- To do weekly review and ensure best practices are implemented
- To work with CUSTOMER as the trusted technology advisor.
- Periodic training to the team to ensure they are updated on the latest
- To perform Quarterly Service and provide quarter service and health check report.
- Yearly plan of Preventive Maintenance schedules (schedule plan to be shared in advance).
- Yearly Hardware/Software Vulnerability Assessment, and action plan.
- Assist and Support CUSTOMER achieving International and Local (UAE) Awards.
- Consultancy services on-demand which includes:
- Technology advice, with update on the latest technologies.
- Technology trends and Preferred Technology List.
- Modern-day Security awareness with documentations (presentation, posters, videos).
- Professional trainings (Online and/or Classroom) for technical team.
- Capacity plan + Risk Management plan + Business Continuity plan as per ISO standards.
- Technical Consulting and advisory services on new Initiatives and Projects.
Mode of Operations and conditions
- The consultant to provide the service operations onsite during the working hours 8x5 (07:30 AM-03PM Sunday to Thursday) to handle the service and operations support.
- As per the work requirements and conditions, the consultant may be required to work after
- working hours or during week-end without any extra charges.
- The consultant to be available after office hours to attend any support during non -working hours either remotely or on-site as required
- The consultant to monitor the infrastructure components during off-hours remotely to ensure the availability of infrastructure
- In case of Termination/Resignation, then the contractor to provide a qualified permanent replacement after CUSTOMER IT interview and approvals.
- The Contractor will use its best endeavors to maintain the same Resources throughout the Period of this agreement
- In case a Resource leaves the Contractor, the Contractor will supply a suitable substitute without beaking the continuity of the service. Any break in services continuity should be substituted in the form of extending the services of the replacement toncover the out of service days, by working weekends or out-of-hours period asnCUSTOMER deems appropriate.
- CUSTOMER has the right
- to change the outsourced at any time, without reason, by giving a written
- notice of sixty (60) days. The Contractor is obliged to sourcereplacements of
- the terminated Resources within 60 days and any delay in sourcing substitutes
- shall be on the expense of the Contractor.
- · In the event that the Resources is found by CUSTOMER to be incompetent in performing his duties, or
- otherwise deemed unsuitable to continue working at CUSTOMER, then CUSTOMER request the Contractor to provide a satisfactory replacement with the required qualifications and experience without any additional cost. Such a request must be met within thirty (30) days.The Contractor shall, at its own expense, obtain all government permits, such as visas, labor and health Insurance, required for the consultant.
Qualification and experience
• Should be a BE/B. Tech/MCA or above
• Min. 5 year in IT infrastructure management and troubleshooting in reputed companies.
• The consultant should be certified in the following:
o VMware vSphere version 6.7 and below
o NetApp storage (All flash and Hybrid)
o HP servers
o Backup solutions Commvault, Veeam & Veritas
• Fluent in English oral and written communication, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
Knowledge and skills
• Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V & Cirtix
• Storage: NetApp, EMC and HP
• Servers: HP blades, HP rack servers, Dell and IBM
• Backup solutions: Commvault, Veeam and Veritas
• SQL: MS SQL 2017 version and below
• VDI solution: VMware and Citrix
• MS Applications: Exchange 2019 and below, MS Teams & SCCM
• MS Desktop: Windows 10, Office 2019, Visio and Project